Brooklyn Bagel

Since changing jobs, it's been harder to find food nearby for lunch. I love bringing my own, but sometimes it just isn't convenient...

Since changing jobs, it's been harder to find food nearby for lunch. I love bringing my own, but sometimes it just isn't convenient to shove a tupperware full of soup into your pocketbook and then squish yourself onto 2 trains jampacked with business men and get all shaken up and then once you get to work there might be some soup left in your tupperware. I work in Astoria, and I know people think its a foodie paradise and all, but really I am not seeing it. I've gotten the chance to try a $10 salad with the rubbery-est avocado I ever had, the worst veggie burger I ever ate, literally (not joking) the WORST burrito I've ever had in my life, and a bad bag of apples. Astoria has the worst apples, you guys. Anyways, I found safe haven at Brooklyn Bagel on Ditmars Blvd, where they have a million kinds of bagels, and at least 4 kinds of tofu cream cheese. And they are delicious. I sometimes don't believe it is not real cream cheese. It's so good. Also pumpernickel bagels?!?

 This one has cinnamon-raisin-walnut-tofu-cream cheese.


My new fav is the coconut bagel. I am a sucker for toasted coconut. They have spinach tofu cream cheese, veggie scallion tofu cream cheese, strawberry tofu cream cheese, but I really dig the plain. Thanks for being vegan, bagels. You're a lifesaver.


You Might Also Like

0 comments