Pizza Progress

You know how the vegan mission, at times, is to make vegan versions of all the world's meaty traditional dishes and make them better th...

You know how the vegan mission, at times, is to make vegan versions of all the world's meaty traditional dishes and make them better than the original with our new creative spin? What if you just tried to recreate a dish you got at a restaurant that was already vegan? Is there any creative challenge involved? It feels weird, but I did it anyways. My favorite place to get sliced (sliced: when it's really late, too late for dinner, but too early for breakfast and you need food so you go get pizza by the slice) is Vinnie's in BK, and my favorite of their vegan slices are spicy chicken and barbeque chicken. Now, their versions are different than mine as they include vegan cheese and mine does not. However, my versions are 100% inspired by their already-delicious-vegan pizzas, so thanks Vin. You rock.


To the left is the BBQ chicken pizza, with seitan, red sauce, bbq sauce, and cucumber ranch. I love just dolloping the bbq sauce on the pizza before baking it, because it gets really syrupy and intensified in the oven, and it's unreal. The pizza on your right, is the spicy chicken, which I am now referring to as "Heatzza", has red sauce, seitan, chopped pickled jalapeños, and red onion, with sriracha zigzag. I think this might benefit from a sauce of sorts or a topping or two more. Anyhow, Pizza Progress, if nothing else.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really, really wish I'd made it to Vinnies when I was in NYC last year. It's definitely on the list for next time.

    ReplyDelete