Taco Train

Okay just so you guys know, I wasn't popular in high school, and didn't do almost anything all the other "cool" kids did....

Okay just so you guys know, I wasn't popular in high school, and didn't do almost anything all the other "cool" kids did. I didn't drink, I didn't smoke, I didn't wear mini skirts with uggs or get a secret tattoo of a shooting star or whatever on my hip-- you know, the stuff that makes kids "cool" in high school. So I'm not jumping on the taco train just to fit in with the cool kids doing the taco cleanse, brilliant an idea as it is. I actually tried to make a taco pizza.. I kind of failed. It was floppy. So I made tacos instead.


I packed this taco to the brim. It is complete with all the fix-ins. This taco does not suffer from the same tragedy shared by almost all mexican fast-food, which is a shortage of guacamole. 


Begin with a lightly grilled whole wheat tortilla and some chipotle refried beans, as ridiculous an amount as you choose.


All my homemade mexican food must have lentil taco meat. The BF cries if I don't make it. I have recently learned of the vegan phenomenon of including roasted potatoes in tacos. I'm for it.



Now put on the generally acceptable taco toppings, be it grilled corn, tomatoes, guacamole, tofu sour cream, chopped red onions, pears, chocolate... whathaveyou.


Boom. Hit it with the queso. I made my own, but there are a few different kinds of vegan queso on the market, or use daiya or whatever kind of cheeze you roll with. Now go eat the biggest ridiculous taco of your life. 








You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks great! Adding potatoes and using lentil "meat" sounds like a delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete