Chia Doughnuts

I bought The Oh She Glows  cookbook finally, after many months of holding out and watching everyone else's pics pop up on instagram of ...

I bought The Oh She Glows cookbook finally, after many months of holding out and watching everyone else's pics pop up on instagram of all the recipes in the book. I have enough cookbooks that I don't ever open and I don't need another one. I was perusing the cookbook section of a little bookstore in a small town in the middle of New Hampshire this summer and picked this up. It was such a beautiful book, and the recipes all looked really great. I just couldn't resist. 


I didn't make anything from it for so long! A lot of the recipes called for things I didn't have, and I didn't want to go out and stock up. But I had my eye on these chia doughnuts, and decided to make them. Upon reading the recipe, I noticed that there is like, nothing in there. I guess the maple syrup doubles as a sweetener and oil. 


I have a mini muffin pan, so I used it instead of a regulation size muffins pan... and forgot to cut down the baking time. So my muffins were pretty dense. I'm dumb.


I didn't have any chilled coconut milk to make the icing out of so I just made regular, standard, cinnamon roll icing. started off by doing a drizzle. Then I got real with myself and just dunked the doughnut in the icing like a normal person.


Overall, a decent breakfast doughnut. It's not like I'd swear off Dunwell or anything. I mean, these doughnuts will help you out when in morning doughnut need. Basically what I'm saying, is they're okay. A tough sell to someone who is a yeasted, fried, sugary doughnut fan. Alex wouldn't touch them. But they're small, so I ate two. The end.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. They look really cute! Everything I've seen from the cookbook so far looks great, but I'm on the same page - I have so many cookbooks. Maybe I'll check if the library has it to test it out first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - those look so good! I will have to check out that cookbook!

    By the way, I've nominated you to participate in the Liebster Award. You can find the details here: http://www.morselsandmoonshine.com/blog/2014/9/15/liebster-award.

    ReplyDelete