Memory Lane: Broccoli Alfredo

Vegans need alfredo sauce too. I mean, we have rights. Be it from cashews, cauliflower, carrots or fairy dust, we will find a way. I have m...

Vegans need alfredo sauce too. I mean, we have rights. Be it from cashews, cauliflower, carrots or fairy dust, we will find a way. I have made it all the aforementioned ways, plus many others too! Non-vegan alfredo sauce is somewhat mysterious in its ingredient list, too, but vegans sauces are more fun because the main ingredient is something like almonds, tofu or cauliflower, instead of a stick of buttersoybean oil, or  enzyme-modified egg yolk.


Broccoli Alfredo was saving my little vegetarian life at Italian restaurants for ages. No one had caught on to me that I was just ordering mac & cheese with fettuccine instead of elbows. It's been referred to many times as "adult mac & cheese" and I don't think that's a super incorrect way to describe it. This recipe is from Super Fun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook sans the truffle oil, because I just didn't want to buy a $15 bottle of truffle oil for just one dish. That's okay, olive oil subbed just fine, and upon eating this I was transported back to Olive Garden in 1998. Transportation via Pasta ™ by KZ.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I recently made this dish from Super Fun Times and loved it - I also just used olive oil instead of truffle and it was still delicious!

    ReplyDelete